Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Visit and a Veil

Princess Di's fly-away veil
I had my first gown fitting last Wednesday, so I asked Mom & Dad to come to NYC for it.  Coincidentally Julie was also in the city, so she was also able to come to the fitting.  It was great to have everyone there!

We all met at RK Bridal at 1pm.  Mom & Dad were supposed to get in via train at 11:30am, but due to a tree on the tracks their train didn't get in until 1pm!  But luckily  Penn Station is very close to the bridal shop, so they only had to walk a few blocks to get there. 

At the end of the fitting, Mom & Julie helped me pick out a veil.  When I ordered my dress back in November, I honestly thought I had no interest in a veil.  The veil the bridal consultant put on me was trimmed with beads and it fell on the sides of my face like the Virgin Mary.  Mom oo'd and ahh'd, and I cringed.  But as the wedding planning and photo researching continued, I realized:  A) this is the only time in my life I will legitimately be able to wear a headpiece and not look weird, and B) not all veils make you look like a Biblical figure. 

Next dress fitting -- September 1st and the veil will be in!

And now an ode to veils -- do they really make you look timeless?

A real choker
Priscilla's pouf veil
WOW!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think that the veil just sets it all off....the halo on the angelic bride!!

    ReplyDelete