| Exhausted after 2 days of scouring the garment district |
After being successful on both accounts, we went to Macy's in search of ties for Nelson, Kyle, & the ushers. Luckily I have a swatch of the fabric Julie's dress is made out of, so I took that to hold alongside ties. No luck. Not even close. So now we've decided to make the ties. I am a little rusty in the sewing arena, since I've only touched a sewing machine twice in the last 5 years. However, my mom is an awesome seamstress and she's going to help us with our tailoring projects!
We headed back to the garment district today, determined to find a match to the bottle green silk shantung of Julie's dress. Store after store, we couldn't find anything close (except $64/yard at B&J Fabrics!). We ended up at Elegant fabrics on 40th Street, finding a dupioni silk with more texture but the perfect color. For Nelson's tie we found a lighter green silk shantung that will make him stand out from the other guys. Can't wait to get working on everything!
Oh and today's my birthday! I've been eating way too many cupcakes. More on that tomorrow...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis photo is hilarious (and beautiful at the same time).
ReplyDelete